The art of writing is the art of discovering what you believe.
Gustave Flaubert

Monday 27 December 2010

A Dictionary of Intellectual Property Law

The world seems to be lacking a dictionary of intellectual property law - but not for much longer. I am checking the page proofs of the work I completed earlier this year, and all being well it will be published by Edward Elgar Publishing on 28 February.

This blawg will serve as an updating service - I can post new definitions here, in advance of further editions (and I hope there will be many further editions), readers can comment on them and on what I have already included in the dictionary, and suggestions can be posted here for new terms that should be included. Maybe some readers will even offer definitions - though in the end writing them must be my job.

I hope that reading the Dictionary will give you as much pleasure as writing it has given me - and that you will also find it informative and useful. As I read through the proofs I am constantly surprised that I should have written something as good as this: I hope that, come the end of February, it turns out that the world actually wants it!

No comments:

Post a Comment